Wednesday, March 31, 2010

UP IN SMOKE!!!

I've been a smoker since around 1987. What's that, 23 years? There's no telling how many cigarettes I've smoked over the years. So, here's yet another attempt to quit! I had my doctor call in a prescription for Chantix. I've had a few friends quit smoking while taking this. I've been reading all of the literature they pack in the box and I'll be honest with you..... I'm kind of scared to start taking this. The information pamphlet starts out by saying, "If you develop any of the following symptoms, please call your healthcare provider right away:" Here's the list:
thoughts about suicide or dying, or attempt to commit suicide, new or worse depression, anxiety or panic attacks, feeling very agitated or restless, acting aggressive, being angry or violent, abnormal thoughts or sensations,hallucinations, paranoia, feel people are against you and feeling confused. Oh, and lets not forget the ever so familiar, insomnia. Like I need that....

So, basically, I'm going to be awake 24/7, while thinking about killing myself, feeling depressed with panic attacks, being violent towards others while I'm having "abnormal" sensations. Sounds fun, huh? With all of those emotions, I'll NEED a cigarette. Especially after the abnormal thoughts!

This is going to be tough.... I can feel it already. So let me apologize now for being moody, bitch slapping you for no reason or having abnormal thoughts about you..... it'll pass. And hopefully I'll be a non-smoker when it does!

No comments:

Post a Comment