Friday, March 12, 2010

Facebook: The new "other woman"

Admit it.... you're addicted to facebook like everyone else! You love to log on to see if you have any new friend requests, new messages, a new "poke", a virtual hug, your daily horrorscope (spelled incorrectly on purpose), a beer sent to you from friends or someone wanting you to join a fan club.  You know that you add "friends" so when your real friends (the one's that know you on a personal level) go to your page and see you have over 500 "friends", they'll think you are the cat's ass!!!! I know, I do the same thing.  I was just on facebook and was looking at the stuff people were writing. Then I thought, "who the hell is that, and how did they get to be my friend?" I don't care that they just had TJ's big boy for lunch.  Why are you filling my page up with that crap! So, I go through the monthly ritual of deleting those friends.

I have come to the conclusion that Facebook is nothing but a virtual meatmarket. Yeah, you can catch up with your old friends and even talk daily to the friends you actually see everyday. Not that that's a bad thing.... I do that almost everyday. But I've had two friends already this week tell me, "that guy I went out with last week, you know, the hot one I met on FB, he was MARRIED and FAT!!" They would meet these guys by going to their "friends" pages and striking up "friendships" with these guys.  No, the picture of him with his wife wasn't on his profile, or the picture of his wedding band, in-laws, children, etc........ and you know why? Because he didn't want you to know!! FB is cheaper than eharomny or any of those other online dating sites. It's free! Like with every other thing in this world, you get what you pay for.

The majority of my "friends" on FB are real friends..... either from high school, current friends, people I know from our local hangouts.... you get the idea. I would not go looking for a man on there for two reasons; one, I'm married and two..... it's common sense that someone is going to put up a GOOD picture of themselves and not the uncut, unedited version. Unlike me, I put them all up! Who cares! We all need to be able to laugh at ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment