Saturday, December 4, 2010

WTF are you wearing??????

J and I were at the mall last night, window shopping for shoes and unfortunately, had a run in with an uncircumcised boot.  You've seen them, haven't you? Apparently it's all the latest rage, since I was about run down by a pack of teens trying on these things.  They were doing the side look in the mirror, "oh look how great I look with the foreskin still on this boot, " while J and I laughed until we cried! And J thought the shooties I wanted were ugly???? These  boots were atrocious!!! Well here, see for yourself......   Yeah.... not my thing.
Now, on the other hand (no pun intended), you have the fingerless gloves that J is now sporting, and yes, now that she mentioned it, she DID look like a bag lady last night.... minus the cart and bags and hacking cough.  I prefer the totally open ended gitten (glove/mitten) .  I smoke, so I need all my fingers free to rummage around in the bottomless purse pit looking for smokes, gum, chap stick, and of course, the iPhone.

We did notice a trend starting up again.  Legwarmers!!! Hey, we know you ALL did it!! I believe I owned a few pairs... a pair of rainbow striped ones  (I had no idea what that meant back then.....) and some other cutesy pair.  But, I put them away back in the 80's, hoping to never see their return.  Guess what.... they're back. Seriously doubt you'll ever see me in those again.  It's funny how all of these things are making a comeback.  I'll be really stoked when that whole early Madonna thing comes back, though.  Wearing 50 rubber bracelets (in those crazy fluorescent colors), lace gloves, big ass cross necklaces, heels, cute skirts with leggings, messy hair.....  yeah buddy!!  But leg warmers.....  nah.....  let em' go girls.  They really weren't cute then and they sure the hell aren't now, either!!!


Oh, and lets not forget Samantha Fox....... Love the mullet and the use of denim. I love denim but that is wayyyyy too much!!! Let's leave that in the past, too.  Well, I'm off to my attic to see what 80's crap I have left.  I'm hoping my collection of 800 rubber bracelets, RATT t-shirt, funky ass heels and my Smurf collection are all up there. 
I'm feeling a bit nostalgic-y...... think I'll turn on some RATT and Billy Idol, throw on some legwarmers and  drink some Boones Farm. Hopefully I won't have to run from the law tonight! Sorry.. deja-vu!!!! 










No comments:

Post a Comment