Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Dear "John" (some names have been changed to protect the guilty),

Dear John,
     Really? "Are you ok?" This text at 11:00 pm on a Friday night while I was out of town with my man? I'm confused.
     This wasn't an important question when I was home alone for weeks while you were off pursuing your dreams (and other women, apparently)? This wasn't important when I had surgery on my feet and couldn't even go to the bathroom without someone carrying me and you went out and "played" that VERY night while my BFF babysat me? (Though watching Xanadu while jacked up on Percocet was pretty funny!) What about when we were hours from home in a cabin and you left at midnight to "go visit a friend" in town? Or on New Year's Eve when I was home, again, with my BFF and her kids, while you were out playing and kissing other women at midnight? Really? The list goes on and on. Was I OK when I got phone calls and emails from other women telling me they were sorry because they had no idea you were married????
     So, to answer that text, YES, I AM OK!!!!  I am GREAT, actually!!! I have someone who doesn't lie, cheat, deliberately try to hurt me, make me feel worthless and squash my self-esteem. I have someone who appreciates me for ME!! A MAN who makes me feel wanted and loved and cared about. I don't have to wake up everyday thinking, "is this the day he moves out" or "I wonder if he loves me." What a refreshing change. I know that every morning when I wake up, he will be there for me. Even though he's not HERE here, I know that if I needed him, he would be here for me. I don't have to second guess anything he says or does. I don't have to walk on egg shells in fear of being talked to like a dog. I know that I'm not a safety net for him..... that he wants to be with me for all of the RIGHT reasons.
     So yeah, I'm OK!!!
    
    

1 comment:

  1. Daaaaammmmnnn it girl!!!!!!!!
    Although I must agree the Percs are a perk (hehe) to getting cut on.

    ReplyDelete