Sunday, June 13, 2010

Summertime Blues

Summer has just come in with a bang here in Nashville. We went from a few mild spring days to HOT, HOT and HOTTER days!! I believe the temperature today was 100 degrees! This is crazy!

Well, I haven't blogged in a few weeks because my computer was infected. Actually, it still is. I'm on my dinosaur laptop, which I really don't like because it's so big compared to my netbook  and it's harder to prop up on the side of the tub (since this is where I write my, "Confessions from the Bubble Tub").

So, let's catch up. It's hot. I'm disliking my job more and more everyday. I want my computer back. That's about it, really. Oh, on the positive side, I have been hula hooping for over a month and it HAS paid off! If I do say so myself, my ass, the backs of my legs and my abs are looking much better! The muffin top is slowing deflating, as well.

I'm counting down to my 10 day vacation on the beach with my sister in St. Petersburg, FL. I'm packing my bikini (main reason for hula hooping so diligently), a few shorts and that's it. I plan on doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING but laying in the sun and writing.

I'm leaving on July 2nd, the first full day of my being 40. I'm quite sure I'll be depressed so a long stay on the beach with my not-so-Jennifer Aniston looking body, will be JUST what I need. Turning 40 is really getting to me. My son graduates from college on June 24th and I feel my skin starting to sag just thinking about it. Seems like it was just yesterday that I was at his 6th grade graduation.

But, I have decided that this is the year that I'm going to turn over a new leaf. Reinvent myself. Live for me! I'm seriously considering quitting my job to write. Write anything.... resumes, bios, stories..... whatever pays the bills. I wish my blogging paid. I'd love to do nothing but blog ALL DAY LONG!! But, I'm going to start living to make myself happy and less stressed!

This is my plan, anyways......  Cross your fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment