Sunday, April 11, 2010

Reality TV: Really? Are you kidding me?

I'm not proud of myself for doing this, but, I spent just about an entire day today, laying in bed watching reality tv.  Even though it was sunny and beautiful out, I couldn't seem to tear myself away from this.....CRAP!! First, I watched episode one to the finale of, "Seducing Cindy."  Cindy Margolis, (I didn't know who she was either... I had to google her) is apparently know for being in Playboy, her short career on The Price is Right as a Barker's Beauty, and as being the most downloaded person on the internet in 1999.  She is very attractive and seems like a genuinely nice woman.  I'm just concerned about "suitors" they brought in for her to choose from.  They ranged from unemployed,  models, personal trainers to some crazy ass dude that I have no clue where he was from. It kind of made the show predictable down to the last three or four guys. I will say, she did choose the hottest guy there.  He was hot, romantic, sweet.......24 years old.  Did I mention that Cindy is 44 years old? I'm sorry, that's just odd.  But, he was hot, (he posed in Playgirl, so at least that have something in common) and he did seem like a really nice young man.
Next, and still, I'm watching "Househusbands of Hollywood." Are you kidding me? First, I only recognize Tempest Bledsoe (The Cosby Show) and her husband Darryl, and Jillian BarberieI have no clue who the rest of the cast is. I've watched about 5 episodes of this today.  All I have to say is, these men are P----whipped!!! Or big ass mooches!!! Danny, a wanna-be actor, is seriously whooped.  But, since he won't go get a real job until an acting job comes up, well, he deserves what he gets. Grant Reynolds, Jillian's husband, well, he tries to keep a normal life but apparently Jillian's spending habits and bad attitude towards him have made him bitter.  Can't say as I blame him, but, he too is whooped. Then there is Billy Ashley. He was a former L.A. Dogers and Boston Red Sox player.  He is the stay at home dad.  He does everything. Gets his two kids up for school, makes breakfast, takes the kids to school, cleans the house, picks up all the dog shit from the two dogs that nobody else seems to care for, helps his wife with her business AND tries to set up "date nights" for him and his wife. Now, he's a man. He doesn't take crap from the wife. Finaly, there's Charlie.  Not sure who he is. He apparently was in jail for 8 years for burglary and now he's cleaned up his life, lives in Brentwood, CA with his wife who I believe is a psychiatrist and their baby.  He's very good friends with Ryan O'Neil. Other than that, don't know much about him. He seems to walk around a lot showing off his baby and constantly talking about his troubled youth.  (Move on Charlie!) Honestly, this show is strange. Who cares to see grown men picking up dog shit and getting chewed out by his wife for not inspecting her wedding gown after it came back from the cleaners? BORING!!!  Or is it? What makes me keep watching this crap? This is only reality tv if you are rich and live in a big fat house. Come do a reality show at my house.  This is REALITY for most Americans! Not rich, not a big fat house.... actual problems (money, job, marriage, etc.... )!!
Gotta go, Project Runway is on!

No comments:

Post a Comment