Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Plasma.... Plasma for sale......

Just when you think you start to see light at the end of the tunnel, POOF!!! The shit-bomb explodes and it's dark and crappy again!!
I just did my taxes and this is the first year I've EVER had to pay in!! What the hell?  I followed the online tax forms, entered the amounts from my W2, kinda got a little sidetracked thinking about the new laptop I was going to purchase with my return, then, right there, in a big red box, "YOU OWE THE IRS $2699.00!"  What? This can't be right!!! Maybe I keyed something in wrong.  Maybe the computer had a glitch. HOLY SHIT SOMEBODY GIVE ME A PAPER BAG!!!! I entered the numbers three different times.  I still owe the IRS!!! I called them!! Ranting and raving!!! I had to pull my mouth filter out because, hey, it is the IRS and they can screw with your money. So, I thought I'd better keep this conversation clean.
The wonderful gentleman on the other end as-a-matter-of-factly pointed out to me that when I got divorced, my employer never changed my w4 to single!! WHAT???  I know I filled that thing out! You've got to be shitting me!! I've been taxed as a married person all year, so, I didn't pay in enough, so now, I must pay the IRS some money!! Wonderful. Not only that, my paychecks will now be much smaller since I'll be taxed even more as a single person.  Which, does not make sense to me.  Tax the people with more than one paycheck coming in every month. Why screw with the single person's check (singular.. as in ONE check.. not TWO...grrrr).
So no new laptop. But I will be the proud owner of a coupon book of payments to go to the IRS every month. Maybe I'll start selling plasma to pay them off early.
I just needed to vent. That is all. Oh, and......FML...........

No comments:

Post a Comment