Friday, January 7, 2011

The Girl with the Golden Fingers ( like Ted Williams, but different......)

I'm in a pissy/tired mood and I'm just gonna do a little venting, so, sit tight and don't get your panties in a wad. This is just how I'm feeling.... right this second.

First.... Ted Williams. The "homeless guy with the golden voice."  OK, yep, it was a nice, touching, gotta love second chances kind of story.....  THE FIRST TIME.  I never sit down and watch tv but today I decided to eat my lo mein OUTSIDE of the bubble tub.  I know, right???  Anyways, I turned on Inside Edition and guess who?? Ted Williams.  Ok, so it was a touch annoying but I dealt with it. Then, after commercial break, guess who again?? Ted Williams.  This time it was Oprah talking about how she wants to hire him.  (He should be pretty jazzed cause if Oprah looks at it, touches it, farts on it..... it turns golden!) Commercial.  Oh, wow, guess who's on during this next segment? TED FRICKIN WILLIAMS!!! This time his children are watching him on tv, blowing him kisses, ya da ya da ya da.  They acted like they hadn't seen him in decades. Which, is not true.  Since his one daughter was telling how he comes and bathes and washes clothes at her house.  That's besides the point.  Look, here's my problem.  You have a man that was a drug addict, an alcoholic and homeless.  In less than 24 hours, he's been given job offers by Oprah, NBA folks want him to be the voice of the Cavaliers (I have no clue who they are but Darren, ya better be proud!), and he's already done one commercial... a voice over for Kraft mac and cheese.  They are shooting this man all the way to the top in a matter of hours.  He lived in a tent for shit's sake! Let the man get used to living like a MAN again... THEN bog him down with this crap.  You don't think any of this might send him spiraling back down???
I did see, like a two second clip, of this woman who was doing yoga, with her naked infant, holding it by the wrists and ankles, swinging it back and forth, upside down, behind her back.... WTF??? Then that was it.  Um, I hope someone called protective services on her ass!!! Really? Oh, wait, more Ted Williams.
Then, to top off the broadcast, some fine Nashvillian's, representing....... yes, the 77 year old grandmother who was arrested on New Year's Eve, driving drunk down the interstate in Nashville......  THE WRONG WAY!!! With her drunk ass grandson sleeping in the passenger seat.  Nice.
This is why I don't watch tv during the day.
Maybe this is why I got a fortuneless fortune cookie today...........  hmmmph.

No comments:

Post a Comment