Monday, February 22, 2010

The Bachelor: On the Wings of Insanely Ridiculous People

Ok, so I'm watching the Bachelor, not something I normally do, but lately there's been a lot of buzz about this show. So now it's piqued my curiosity.

Jake: handsome, seems romantic, pilot.

The women. OMG!!!
Gia, now, I really liked her. She seemed honest and sweet. Not to mention beautiful. Ali..... she left the show because of her job. Did she not realize when she signed up that she could be gone from work for, however many weeks this show lasts? Or did she just have such low self esteem that she didn't think she'd stay in the game that long? Vienna. Well, I didn't have to go bungee jumping snuggled up to her to to tell that she's just a touch on the trampy side. The rest of the women, I don't recall since I just started watching this show two weeks ago.

Tonight all of the women Jake sent home are on this show. Discussing how they felt when they were there and when they were sent home. Seriously? You come on national tv and say things like, "I really loved him!" "I was totally in love with him and ready to marry him." Are these women nuts? How on earth can you possibly know this? In a week, in a month??? And how, after only spending what, MAYBE thirty minutes a week alone with him?

Either there's a lot more desperate women in this world than I thought or there are more nut jobs in this world than I thought. This is really just a cleaned up version of the Jerry Springer show.

I'm watching it because I think it's hilarious to watch these women sit and cry about a man they fell in love with in ten minutes. Who know nothing about this man but act like they've never met anyone like him before. It's a competition chicks! You'd act the same way fighting over a pair of Jimmy Choo's! Not the way I want to find my husband. Wait, I'm married. I knew my husband 5 years before we got married. I knew exactly who I was marrying. I'm glad I went with the traditional way of finding my husband. Plus, I didn't have to make a complete ass out of myself on national tv.

Since I'm not a fan of this show, and I'm not really sure how many bachelors there have been in the past, I'm just curious to know what the success rate is. I'll have to check into this.

No comments:

Post a Comment