Tuesday, December 27, 2011

"We're going to have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny f'ing Kaye. "~Clark Criswold

I can't believe Christmas is over...... it seems like I just left for Florida yesterday!!! Those 5 days flew by. I got to see my son, which, was present enough for me!! I miss that kid something awful.....
This was the BEST Christmas we've had as a family in a long time!  There were no feuds, no tears shed, no Clark Griswold light episodes.....  just a good time!!!
My family has a big spaghetti dinner on Christmas Eve... that's our thing. This year, you were required to wear Christmas pajamas. So, that was interesting.  My sister ordered our favorite foods from Upstate NY where we're from.... REAL Italian bread, REAL Italian cookies and cheese curd!! It was awesome! It felt like Christmas circa 1979. Minus the 30 cousins. After our big dinner, we did dirty Santa with gag gifts. I won a beer helmet, which I re-gifted to my son!
Christmas morning was great! My great-nephew Oliver is one years old, and it was just fun watching him.  He loved the paper and boxes. 
If you read any of my previous blogs, you know how I feel about Christmas and the gifts.  My sister on the other hand, believes the more the merrier!! Which, is fine....  if you can afford to do so. Which she can. I still believe that one gift is sufficient, buuuuuuuut....  whatdayado?
The tree on Christmas morning was unbelievable. Gifts out the ass!! When you have to take a break after the first hour and a half of unwrapping to clean up the paper to make room for the next batch...... NUTS!!! Fun, but NUTS!!!
I'm still trying to decide if the Rachael Ray pots and pans from my mom and sister, my new FOSSIL purse, my Pajama jeans or my Sperry's are my fave!! I'm torn. I got so much stuff.  Unbelievable. I drove home with two massive totes filled with goodies, the passenger seat loaded to the top of the truck and my seat pushed up as far as it would go just to fit it all in.  Call me crazy, but, that's a little much,don't ya think?
Needless to say, everyone had a great Christmas! Not many people can say that they spend every Christmas with their ENTIRE family! 15 people sleeping under the same roof on Christmas Eve..... AWESOME!!!
We definitely put the FUN in dysfunctional this year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment