Sunday, July 22, 2012

Superfluous Underwear!!!

I had to go out and buy a pair of underwear recently, to go under a dress. I'll admit, I'm not an underwear wearer. Yeah, yeah....  Get over it.
Anyways, I had no idea that trying to purchase one pair of beige underwear was going to turn into such an ordeal. I knew what I wanted, I knew what I needed and I was on a mission. I had a few hours before my flight left so I needed to get to Target and pick up said pair of beige underwear, go home, pack the rest of my stuff and take off for the airport.
So I get to Target, head to the "underwear jungle" and search for just the right pair. I was looking for a cheap, plain beige, no thong, no lace, just plain ole' cotton "underpants," as my mom still calls them. I searched high and low for my "single pair of no muss, no fuss,beige underwear". Beige and white stripes, beige with flowers, beige with hearts, beige with colored stripes, beige g-string, beige thong. Do people NOT wear plain colored bikini underwear these days?
Then, I found them. But the ONE pair I needed was in a pack of three... a black pair, a white pair and ta- DAH... a beige pair. Well, I guess if this is the ONLY way I'm going to get my ONE pair of beige underpants, then so be it. I looked up at the price tag and WHOA.....$9.99!! For THREE, count 'em, THREE pairs of underwear! Are you kidding me?? If I was to wear underwear, I would be changing them everyday. So that means, I would need seven pair for the week. That would cost approximately $30 for a weeks worth of underwear. Wait... WHAT??? Since when were underwear more expensive than a dinner at Logan's Steakhouse? I could buy a new pair of Chucks for what I would spend on one week's worth of underwear! I could have bought 30 songs on Itunes, a carton of cigarettes, filled up my gas tank.......  Underwear is so overrated!! What a waste.
Every time I think about my trip to Target for ONE PAIR OF UNDERWEAR, it reminds me of this scene from Father of the Bride......

No comments:

Post a Comment