Monday, July 12, 2010

What I did on my summer vacation.....

Where to begin.....
On the first day of my summer vacation, I laid out on the beautiful beach... got tanned and drank beer.
On the second day of my summer vacation, I laid out on the beautiful beach... got tanned and drank beer.
Ok, so this is pretty much what I did for 8 straight days! Throw in a few naps, a few laps in the pool, A LOT of TMZ watching, smut magazine reading, a couple trips to local watering holes and more tanning.  I have never been so relaxed.  I didn't think about my job AT ALL!!! I have a deliciously, golden brown tan and I'm pretty proud of myself for not burning up on the first day and needing 150 SPF for the week.  I actually used sunscreen this time.... ok, it was only SPF 25, but hey, I usually use no SPF.  Since turning 40, I've decided it's time to take these things a little more seriously.
I got to spend quality time with my ENTIRE family which was awesome!! Our usual "Griswold" vacations seem to have moved on to another family, since we had NO issues whatsoever on this trip!!! (knocking on wood as we speak, since Christmas vacation isn't too far off!)
I am a little embarrassed to admit that I did get addicted to the weekly smut.  I actually made it a point to be back in the room to find out Lindsey Lohan's sentencing (not proud..). I even made sure I was back in the room to watch Jake and Vienna duke it out on the bachelor.  I'm sorry, but that delayed boo hoo was hilarious! Other smut that seriously caught my attention: Mel Gibson's domestic abuse allegations, Sandra Bullocks ex-douche bag's ex wife's nonsense, the BP oil dilemma, Kate Goslin's new haircut and orange tan, Carrie Underwood's surprise wedding, which really isn't smut, but, still..... Brad and Angelina's daughter, son, daughter, Shiloh,.... Jessica Simpson's new, married boyfriend, LeBron James taking forever to pick out a jersey (who gives a shit already!), and oh so many other distractions.  Seriously, I don't miss watching that. Though it was funny.
Now, back to reality. Back to the job that I loathe....  I did get the resume' out and dusted off today. I plan on getting it tweaked and ready to send out. I did realize on vacation that I should not be so stressed about a job that pays crappy, treats you crappy and makes you feel crappy.  So, I'm turning the page and starting a new chapter.  I've come to a lot of conclusions on this trip.  I'm going to change a few things in my life and just be HAPPY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment